Simple definition to describe Online/Tutor Connected to a Company – is a teacher or tutor who worked in a company as an Online Teacher.
- A teacher who gets students from a certain company and teach them according to the company’s premise.
- Teacher who is provided with several lesson materials to use for teaching.
- A teacher who just wait for a call from the company to entertain new enrollment.
- A teacher who is provided with tools for teaching collaboration.
In short term : They are the teachers who are “well-provided of the company’s valuable and relevant information to cater students need”.
- Ready materials for teaching. (Some teachers will do their own research and provide them to students, however those materials are validated from the company).
- Scheduling is in accordance with what they agreed about. (More reliable and safe because you – as a student is more dependent of the company)
- Trust is implemented especially those companies who are verified and trustworthy.
- Absence of the teacher/tutor can easily be replaced to another tutor – which means the students can still take lessons on the set day.
- Everything is ready for lesson implementation.
There are a lot of advantages that I probably missed out, just keep in mind that learning with a teacher/tutor connected to a company is more reliable – because those teachers undergone already varied exams and interviews from the company to make sure they are worth-working for.
I will cite few important matters to discuss for disadvantages having an Online Teacher/Tutor connected to a company.
- The change of a teacher/tutor at anytime can distract the learners’ progress.
- The payment of the students can hardly be refunded specially when students need to back-out or if necessary situations can happen.
- The absence of the student can only be supplied by make-up classes but cannot adjust the payment made.
- In short – some cases are limited.
To limit your access to your teacher/tutor is hard because might as well you will lose your appetite, like; you cannot contact your teacher/tutor directly to reschedule classes or even you want to ask important word you needed in that certain minute.
I personally can relate to this scenario when I taught as a Stand-Alone Tutor – wherein I was accessible by the student almost 24 hours a day – which is partly convenient to the students and partly disadvantage to the teacher. However, Online Teacher/Tutor must adhere to the so called – Mission and Vision. Which is to “Help Students Online to Learn on their comfortable schedule” right?
So here: Try reading this next post “Advantages and Disadvantages of a Stand-Alone Teacher/Tutor” – This post will provide you with more in-depth information of what to choose from.
But before going any further, ask yourself first. Why take lessons online? – well, this post is for the students online and soon to be students online who has wide mind set to be connected and be open-minded. Mind you students – we are in a world or great innovation and technology that could drive us into a very successful individual right? Found this interesting? Keep on reading.