We’ll take this definitions in line with English Composition meaning.
As a teacher we always ask our students to give instructions and direction clearly as possible. A set of instructions and directions relates processes, in specific details, in correct sequence and appropriate language.
Simple steps to follow:
- Think of something to process that you would like to share with others. Example: cooking your favorite dish, finding a star in the sky, caring for a plant, or any other process.
- Arrange or visualize the order of the process and write it down.
- Make a title or good topic sentence to begin your set of instructions.
Topic Sentence– it names the process to be explained. It may include a list of materials.
- Write your explanation and the instructions or procedures that are included.
- Read your draft up to the very end of it. You can make a checklist.
√ Did I state my main idea in the first paragraph clearly? √ Did I explain all the information needed for my audience? √ Did I write to speak directly to my audience? √ Did I write the steps in logical manner so that the reader can follow through?
- The next to Revising is now Editing. After you finish with Revising then Editing is the next. You can also make a checklist for this. This is more on the correct writing process.
√ Did I indent the first line of each paragraph? √ Are capital letters properly place? √ Punctuation at the end of each sentence is present? √ Did I use the right words? √ Are the spelling of all words correct? √ Did I write well-formed sentences
Note: You can also ask your colleagues to check if you might missed something. 2 heads are better than one.
- Finalize your work by printing to provide the final copy.
That’s how simple it is. Try it now!