A persuasive text – is any text where the main purpose is to present a point of view and seeks to convince a reader.
– it can be an argument, exposition, discussion, review or even an advertisement.
– gives a point of view, it is used to influence or persuade others. It gives reasons for a point of view to try and convince others.
Follow these simple steps:
- Think of a topic that you would like to discuss. Topics could be daily news, argued based on facts etc. or anything that interests you.
- Choose which point of view do you agree with. You need to take a stand for this. Defend your point of view.
- List the reasons and evidences for choosing that point of view. Research is the best thing to do. Ask information to the people who you might know have knowledge on the particular topic.
- Think of a good topic sentence to begin your text.
(Note: the topic sentence tells the point of view that you have chosen)
- Write your explanation. Add the details to the topic sentence and the reasons why your classmates will take your point of view. Start convincing them the advantages of what your chosen topic is.
- Reread your work
- Make sure that you have already included and stated your side.
- Provide enough details to defend or support your side.
- Remove unnecessary details.
- Make sure to check the correct spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and indention.
EDITING MARKS "add a period, add a comma, capitalize letter, add a letter or word, add a space, delete, lowercase letter, start a new paragraph, correct the spelling error."
- Read your work in class or post it on the bulletin board.