See also. . .
Complete the sentences by adding the correct combination of phrasal verbs.
- The workers had to back _ _ _ _ on their demand for higher wages.
- He said he’d help but later backed _ _ _ , saying he was busy.
- No-one will ever trust you again if you back out _ _ the deal now.
- You have to back _ _ what you say with evidence to show that it’s true.
- I believe you, and I’ll back you _ _ if anyone says you’re lying.
- If my kids get into financial trouble, I _ _ _ _ them out with ‘loans’ they never pay back.
- Her son was arrested, so she had pay money to bail him _ _ _ of jail.
- We can bank _ _ Simon to be here on time. He’s never late.
- The conclusions we reached in our report are _ _ _ _ _ on the evidence we collected.
- The evidence wasn’t accepted because the judge said it didn’t _ _ _ _ upon the case.
- Everyone waited nervously as the cyclone bore _ _ _ _ in the city.
- If you work as a share trader, you’ll have to learn how to bear _ _ under real pressure.
- They wanted $120 for the bike, but I beat them _ _ _ _ to $90.
- He was beaten _ _ by some violent thugs and had to go to hospital.
- What became _ _ James after he left his job here? Has anyone heard anything?
- The government decided to beef _ _ security after the bomb attack.
- This band’s concerts always begin _ _ _ _ a slow song, followed by a faster one.
- Do you believe _ _ UFOs and alien beings from other planets?
- I found this bag in the bathroom. Does it belong _ _ anyone here?
- Joe says he’ll have the job done on time, but don’t bet _ _ it. He often misses deadlines.
- The lights blacked _ _ _ during the storm, so we had to light some candles.
- Nick drank so much vodka last night that he _ _ _ _ _ _ _ out.
- Could you close the curtains to block _ _ _ the sunlight?
- It smells really bad in the toilet. The pipes must be blocked _ _again.
- I let go of my kite and the wind _ _ _ _ it away.
- She blew _ _ _ the candles on her birthday cake.
- The story was big news at first, but it soon blew _ _ _ _ and everyone forgot about it.
- The terrorists planted a huge bomb and it blew _ _ the building.
- It took an hour to _ _ _ _ up enough balloons for the party.
- 30 Our company nearly went broke in 2006, but it bounced _ _ _ _ and now it’s doing well.