NAME OF SCHOOL
PRE-TEST IN ENGLISH 1
Direction: Listen to the story. Answer the questions correctly. Encircle the letter of the correct answer.
Reuben has a new classmate. His name is Daniel. Daniel lives near the house of Reuben. They go to school from Monday to Friday. They walk together on their way to school. They also play on their way home. They are happy together.
- Who is the new classmate of Reuben?
- Daniel B. Danny C. Dindo
- Where did they go together?
- church B. school C. park
- When did they go to school?
- Sunday to Thursday B. Friday to Tuesday C. Monday to Friday
- What did they do on their way home?
- dance B. play C. sing
- How did they feel when they play together?
- sad B. angry C. happy
- The word ______rhymes with duck.
- duck B. bite C. light
- The name of the animal in the picture begins with letter__________.
- b B. p C. r
- What is the beginning sound of
- f B. g C. m
- The words with the same end sound as “ light-bright” are called__________words.
- Rhyming B. Homonyms C. Synonyms
- Hole and hall are words that sound the same but different in meaning. They are called__________.
- Synonyms B. Antonyms C. Homonyms
|light blouse duck clay fry|
Direction: Choose from the words on the box and write on the blank to form a pair of rhyming words.
- bright – ____________ luck – _____________ 5. Play – __________
- house – _____________ Cry – ___________
Direction: Put a Check (√) on the line if the set of words are homonyms and (X) if not.
_______1. Piece-peace _______3. three-tree _______5. day-they
_______2. Bury- Berry _______4. Wait-weight
Write the short vowel sound used for each words: Example: bag – /ă/
- mat ____ net ____ 3. Pit ____
- bow ____ rug ____
Write the missing letter on the line to complete the alphabet.
- A B ____ D E ____ G H ____ J ____
- ____ b ____ d e f _____ h i ____ k
Write a or an before the name of the picture.
- _______ orange _______ apple
- _____ pineapple