PRE-ASSESSTMENT TEST IN ENGLISH
NAME: _______________________________________________________ SCORE: __________
Listen to the sound made by what you see in the pictures. Put a check () on the blank if it is the correct sound and
cross (x) if it is not correct.
___ 1. ding-dong-ding-dong ___ 2. aw-aw-aw-aw ___ 3. ting-ting-ting-ting ___ 4. tic-tac-tic-tac ___ 5. mooo-mooo- moo
Draw a line to connect the object with the sound it makes.
Put a cross (x) on the line to mark objects that make loud sounds and check (/) for those that make soft sounds.
- _____ telephone _____ crying baby 13. _____ drum 14. _____ tiger 15. _____ bus
Match the description in column A with the characteristic it shows in column B.
__________16. Children cleaning the neighbourhood
__________17. Women buying Philippine products
__________18. Children going to church
__________19. Group of graduates after receiving their diploma
Read the story and answer the questions below.
Edna and Edgar were playing together.one morning, Edna asked, May I try your bicycle? It’s blue and new. I like it.”
“ Father gave me this bicycle only yesterday. It was my birthday gift from him” Edgar said.
Edgar helped Edna get on the bicycle. Edna rode around the house. How happy she was.
_______20. What is the setting of the story? a. in the house b.in the park c. In the market
_______21. What did Edna and Edgar do?
- riding bicycle around the house b. riding a horse around the park c. playing doll inside a doll house
Encircle the antonym of the given word
- Cold – hot ugly small
- Big – soft smooth small
- Dry – tall wet hot
- Smooth – rough pretty bad
Do the following Two-Step directions
- Draw a big circle. Write your mother’s full name inside it.
- draw a small square. Write the first letter of your name inside it.
Construct simple sentences about the picture
- ____________________________________________________________________________________30. _____________________________________________________________________________________