PRE-TEST IN SCIENCE 6
Directions: Read each questions or situations carefully. Then select the letter of the best answer.
- It is formed when substances are combined.
- matter mixture c. solid d. liquid
- The substance being dissolved is the _________.
- solute solvent c. colloid d. matter
- A mixture in which particles can be distinguished is called ________.
- Solution homogeneous mixture
- Colloid heterogeneous mixture
- The liquid components dry up when heated or exposed under the sun in this process of separating mixtures.
- evaporation decantation c. filtration d. sieving
- This process involves separating solid particles from a liquid substance using a piece of cloth.
- decantation filtration c. evaporation d. using a magnet
- Which of the following is the main ingredient of halo-halo?
- crushed ice B. ice cream C. milk D. sweetened fruits
- Which of the following is a heterogeneous mixture?
- coffee B. noodle soup C. orange juice D. sugar solution
- Which of the following is not soluble in water?
- moth balls B. salt C. sugar D. vinegar
- Which of the following liquids do not mix with water?
- liquid soap B. oil C. soy sauce D. vinegar
- Colloids are ______________________________________.
- homogeneous mixtures that seem to be heterogeneous.
- heterogeneous mixtures that seem to be homogeneous.
- suspensions that look like solutions
- solutions that look like colloids
- Cloud and fog are what kind of colloid?
- liquid dispersed in solid B. gas dispersed in liquid
- gas dispersed in solid D. liquid dispersed in gas
- Which of the following colloids is an example of a sol?
- whipped cream B. milk C. froth D. paint
- If there were no bones, the muscles would drop to the ground. Which function of the bone is shown
- protects the heart and lungs
- provides leverage for movement of muscles
- forms a strong case for delicate organs
- provides anchor to which muscles are attached
- Which organs are protected by the rib cage?
- heart and lungs C. ovaries and testes
- brain and spinal cord D. small and large intestines
- Which could be the functions of the muscular system?
- It gives shape in our body
- It allows us to move
III. It supports and makes our skeleton in the hands and other body parts steady.
- It provides the structural framework for the body
- I and II C. I, II,and III
- II and III D. I, II, III and IV
- Which of the statements correctly describe the general functions of
- It gives shape to the body
- It serves as framework of the body
III. It protects the internal organs of the body
- It converts energy, which enables the body to move
- I, II, IV C. II, III, IV
- I, II, III D. I, III, IV
- What is the J-shaped muscular bag that stores the food you eat, breaks it down into tiny pieces.
- Mouth Stomach C. Liver D. Large Intestine
- In which part of the digestive system does digestion ends?
- Stomach Small Intestine
- Large Intestine Rectum
- What body system allows a person to breath and exchange oxygen and carbon dioxide
throughout the body?
- Digestive System Respiratory System
- Circulatory System Nervous System
- What is the flap of tissue found at the end of the pharynx that closes over larynx to prevent
the food and water from entering to the trachea?
- Cilia Epiglottis C. Tonsils D. Voice Box
- Which of the following is not a function of the circulatory system?
- Prepares food for digestion
- Supplies nutrients to all body cells
- Collects wastes from all body cells
- Supplies oxygen to all body cells
- Why do oxygenated and deoxygenated bloods not get mixed up inside the heart?
- There are blood vessels in the heart
- There are valves in the heart
- There are separate chambers in the heart
- The deoxygenated blood is left in the lungs
- To which group do chicken and ducks belong?
- Fish Reptiles C. Birds D. Amphibians
- Which of these animals is a mollusk?
- Squid Corals C. Spiders D. Lobsters
- All of these are arthropods EXCEPT ___________.
- Ant clam C. butterfly D. centipede
You must be logged in to post a comment.