DepEd Order No. 007 s. 2019
Education Minister, BARMM
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superentendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2019-2020
- The School Year (SY) 2019-2020 shall formally open on Monday, June 3, 2019 and shall end on Friday, April 3, 2020. It shall consist of 203 school days, inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training (INSET), the three days for the Parent-Teacher conferences to be conducted within the school year, and the World Teachers’ Day; provided, that during the five-day INSET, students will be given advance reading for the attainment of learning objectives.
- Private schools may deviate from this School Calendar. However, they may not start classes earlier than the first Monday of June nor later than the last of August, as provided in Republic Act (R.A) No. 7797 entitled An Act to Lengthen the School Calendar from Two Hundred (200) Days to Not More than Two Hundred Twenty (220) Class Days. Said schools should notify in advance their respective regional offices (ROs) regarding any deviation from the school calendar.
- The Implementing Guidelines on the SY 2019-2020 Calendar of activities are provided in Enclosure No. 1 to enable the schools to effectively and efficiently implement the school events and activities. Likewise, the guidelines shall allow the ROs and the school division offices to provide support to school, particularly in the areas of instruction, and progress monitoring and evaluation.
- Schools may observe national and local celebrations other than those indicated in Enclosure Nos. 2 and 3, provided that these are beneficial to the learners. in this regard, ROs may issue a supplemental calendar to reflect their local events.
- To compensate for unplanned suspension of classes such as natural and man-made calamities, the Alternative Delivery Mode (ADM) or make up classes are recommended to be undertaken. The conduct of such activities must be agreed upon by school heads, teachers and concerned parents.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this order is directed.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
You must be logged in to post a comment.